A stream of consiousness from a random guy who cares nothing about spelling or grammar news, but love GOD family friends & football (mostly Clemson football)

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Playing Play dough....

Hannah loves to play with playdough. What 2 year old doesn't. Originally, the only thing I could make with this magical clay was a snake. (Though I have branched out and can now make a snow man). Well, tonight we busted out the dough, and Hannah in her sweetest voice said: "Makt a sssnakte." (somehow she runs her hard 'c' sounds into a 't' sound.) We had a blast! We made a Daddy snake (of course) a slightly smaller "mommy" snake, a baby snake, a nanna snake, and even a "Tamden", or Camden snake. (Not gonna lie, my heart sank a little when she wanted to make this one. If you are a dad with a daughter, you know exactly why. YOu see Camden is the little boy Annie keeps a couple days a week.)
As we were playing and laughing, and hissing at each other it hit me....In the not too distant future just making a clay snake won't do it. Now, things are simple. I can take her & mommy to see the Veggie Tales movie, and then to Chilis and everything is great! This morning she actually said "Sorry daddy" and gave me a hug after she had thrown what can only be described as a "fit". She was genuinly sorry. My heart melted. You see Annie gets to spend all day with her. There are several times when I would say in amazement: "Hey, Hannah just did so & so (some new discovery). Annie would reply: "Yeah she's been doing that all week." I would simply laugh, and say: "Well, it's news to me!"
I know there will be a time when the sweet, loving "Daddy"'s become annoyed, or embarrased "DAAD!" And, honestly, apart of me looks forward to being a little embarrasing, but for now, I'll just have to be content "Maktin a snakt."

2 comments:

Angela Nazworth said...

How sweet. Not that you asked for it, but my advice would be just savor these sweet moments like you are doing and try not to think about her as a teenager. Thinking about feisty Xylie as a 16 year-old scares the heck out of me. It warms my heart to see Napp with our children and seeing other dads loving their kids--Keep being the kind of dad that you are now and I bet Hannah will always call you "Daddy."

Sarah said...

That is a precious story Brian! I can't believe your baby is getting so big! Sounds like she is at such a fun age though!