A stream of consiousness from a random guy who cares nothing about spelling or grammar news, but love GOD family friends & football (mostly Clemson football)

Friday, February 22, 2008

Peeling the paint off the walls in my brain!

Yeah, that's right. I'm the guy who is blogging on Friday night. Annie has gone to get some grub and Hannah is watching Dora Dora Dora the Explorer! (Did the jingle go off in your head like it did mine? Good! Maybe it will be stuck there like it is mine.) By the way...When are you reading this?
Earlier this week my former roommate (click here to see his wonderful wifes blog and all of the pictures of his brand-new baby) sent me a link to an op-ed peice in the Aspen Times from Feb 9th written by Gary Hubbell (Annie did I site him properly?) IF you want to read the entire thing, it's a pretty good read, and puts my thoughts on the political world into words almost as perfectly as if I had written them myself.
I listen to alot of Talk Radio. During the course of a day they will talk about a billion different things, and usually in there they start discussing Senator Clinton and her candidacy for the White House. I wouldn't vote for her if she were running against Hitler. Do you know why? It has nothing to do with her politics (which is about as close to communism as you can get, though not to be out done by Obama, but that is for a later day). IT's HER VOICE! She peels the paint off the walls of my brain. It's her monotone nasal screech that drives me up the wall. If she were to become the Commander and Chief, I would have to stick a needle in my ear to bust my ear drums. If water-boarding is considered torture, then this has to be right up there with it. Here's what you do...You take all the terrorists and have a taped recording of Mrs. Clinton reading anything by Maya Angelo, and they will surrender with in minutes. I know I would. I would make crap up if it meant the horror would end.
Sorry for the rant. Here are some passages from the aforementioned passage from Gary Hubbell:

...Each candidate is carefully pandering to a smorgasbord of special-interest groups, ranging from gay, lesbian and transgender people to children of illegal immigrants to working mothers to evangelical Christians. There is one group no one has recognized, and it is the group that will decide the election: the Angry White Man. The Angry White Man comes from all economic backgrounds, from dirt-poor to filthy rich. He represents all geographic areas in America, from urban sophisticate to rural redneck, deep South to mountain West, left Coast to Eastern Seaboard...

...The victimhood syndrome buzzwords — “disenfranchised,” “marginalized” and “voiceless” — don’t resonate with him. “Press ‘one’ for English” is a curse-word to him. He’s used to picking up the tab, whether it’s the company Christmas party, three sets of braces, three college educations or a beautiful wedding.He believes the Constitution is to be interpreted literally, not as a “living document” open to the whims and vagaries of a panel of judges who have never worked an honest day in their lives. The Angry White Man owns firearms, and he’s willing to pick up a gun to defend his home and his country. He is willing to lay down his life to defend the freedom and safety of others, and the thought of killing someone who needs killing really doesn’t bother him....

...The Angry White Man is not a metrosexual, a homosexual or a victim. Nobody like him drowned in Hurricane Katrina — he got his people together and got the hell out, then went back in to rescue those too helpless and stupid to help themselves, often as a police officer, a National Guard soldier or a volunteer firefighter. ...

...Women either love him or hate him, but they know he’s a man, not a dishrag. If they’re looking for someone to walk all over, they’ve got the wrong guy. He stands up straight, opens doors for women and says “Yes, sir” and “No, ma’am.”...

...He’s not a racist, but he is annoyed and disappointed when people of certain backgrounds exhibit behavior that typifies the worst stereotypes of their race. He’s willing to give everybody a fair chance if they work hard, play by the rules and learn English...

...He also votes, and the Angry White Man loathes Hillary Clinton. Her voice reminds him of a shovel scraping a rock. He recoils at the mere sight of her on television. Her very image disgusts him, and he cannot fathom why anyone would want her as their leader. It’s not that she is a woman. It’s that she is who she is. It’s the liberal victim groups she panders to, the “poor me” attitude that she represents, her inability to give a straight answer to an honest question, his tax dollars that she wants to give to people who refuse to do anything for themselves...


I hope you enjoyed. Thanks again to Jonathan for sending this to me.

I.T.O.M.D.

3 comments:

Annie said...

That is so you and Jonathan. :) I do want to make a disclaimer that while you relate to this guy, you are both kind and compassionate guys who wouldn't be quite as strong with your wording.
Oh, and I can't stand the sound of the former first lady's voice either, but what do you have against Maya Angelo? :)
It is very scary to see what this election will bring. We have Clinton who I don't even need to talk about, Obama who will pull us out of Iraq (really? what is really his plan other than for "change"? what is his plan when they come over here is what I really want to know!), or McCain or just the the BETTER of 3 evils, if you ask me. Oh well, maybe I will "write in" a vote.
I love you. :)

Sarah said...

Our baby is pretty beautiful - thanks! And it's Saturday night when I'm reading this - so I'm just as big of a loser. You and J are pretty much male soul mates I think...

Annie said...

Sarah, I agree!