A stream of consiousness from a random guy who cares nothing about spelling or grammar news, but love GOD family friends & football (mostly Clemson football)

Sunday, November 11, 2007

It's been a while...

So, I guess if all 5 readers of this blog comment on how I haven't blogged since the infamous "Good Buddy Day" (that went over like a turd in a punch-bowl) I should probably post something. Warning to all: This will be very random, even more so than usual.

Can you be exceptionally normal? Because I am pretty sure I am. A while back I was at Promise Keepers and one of the guys leading the praise band seemed like he was the coolest guy on the planet. He had dark hair that swooped over his eyes in just the right way. He sang great, and just that that "Yeah, I'm a rock star" look about him. I promise I don't have a man-crush on him. But if I could look like him, and sing like him I would. Alas, I am the most average guy in the world. I guess I am great at being average, but every now and then I would like to be exceptional at something. I guess I will have to be accept being exceptionally normal. Maybe that's good enough.

When the leaves fall, so does the lead foot. It seems like every year about this time, I somehow get a ticket. Last year, it was "Driving Left of Center," this year however it was a little more reasonable. I was going 68 in a 55. Not Bobby Labonte or anything, but speeding just the same I guess. So, a warning to all of you: if it's Fall, and I'm on the road, you better watch out. I may run you over.

Being missional in a different way. Several months ago I read a book: Evangelism with out Additives. (Yes, I read a book, and not just parts of it, the entire thing.) It talked about just being yourself while evangelising. Have you ever wondered why we try to "save" people the way we do, if NO BODY is any good at it? Look at how Jesus evangelized. He just talked to people. He would ask questions. Now there is a thought that Jesus knew the answer to the questions He asked, but the method is still the same. Our job isn't to save, but to show Christ's love. The point here is to be relational, and nice.

So, there you have it. I've been meaning to post but I never seem to have enough to say. I guess I am not as deep as I thought.

I hope ya'll had a great Turkey day. Talk to you soon (hopefully sooner than a month and a half like the las time.)

2 comments:

Medic Mom said...

For the record, I think you are an EXCEPTIONAL Father, Brother, Son and Friend! I'm sure the others around you would agree. You also have quite a sense of humor, that's not something everyone has! I love you all the same- missed you guys this year!
Squirt

Annie said...

I also can list things you are exceptional at. . .father, husband, provider . . . .!