A stream of consiousness from a random guy who cares nothing about spelling or grammar news, but love GOD family friends & football (mostly Clemson football)

Monday, November 26, 2007

The Ox and Lamb kept time...

It seems I have broken the seal on this whole blog thing so you are getting two in a two day period. There are some things I don't get here are a few of them:

1.) Why do I have to press '1' for English? If anyone in this country is calling anywhere else in this country, English should be implied. If I'm in Mexico, I will press Ocho, or Uno, or Dos, or whatever I need to press, but here, in the good ole USofA it's English or it's nothing.
2.) Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways. This one has been mentioned before, but I have yet to get a real answer.
3.) Is there really a need for Psychic Hot lines? I think if they are really psychic, maybe they should call me. You know, you are walking over about to call old Deon Warwick when the phone rings: "Hello?" "Well hi, Deon. I was just about to call you!" Just a thought.
4.) Have you ever noticed that Donald Duck wears a towel when he gets out of the shower, a bathing suite when he goes swimming, but wears no pants ANY OTHER TIME! Am I the only one this bothers? What kind of kinky place is the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse?
5.) So the wise men at the Nativity were from the Far East right? So why does Hannah's Nativity Scene we got from Fisher Price have a Chinese Man, White Man, and what can only be described as Black woman? Maybe they are from so far east that they were really west? Maybe?
6.) Have you ever listened to the famed Christmas Carol The Little Drummer Boy? I am sure you've heard it, but have you really listened to it? There is a ton with this song that drives me nuts. However, The Ox & Lamb kept time just blows my mind. I know there was that horse that could count by stomping with his hooves, but I don't think he could keep common 4/4 time. So what kind of crazy Ox and Lamb were they? I guess if God can use a donkey to get a man's attention, He can use a couple farm animals to help some little boy stay on beat for a brand new baby Jesus.

4 comments:

Medic Mom said...

That is probably the funniest thing Cory and I have read in a LONG time. I think my favorite was the one about Donald Duck! Did you come up with those yourself? If so, you've got too much time on your hands! Love ya!

Ted said...

Hey, about #4 ... It's "because I'm freeeee!"

Stacy Kinard said...

OK, well why does Pluto sleep in a dog house and wear a leash and collor, but Goofy showers, owns a house and drives a car.... how bout them apples!

Anonymous said...

Re: #6. I actually arrived at your site because I Googled this ... because I was thinking about the same thing. However, the reason I was thinking about it is I saw a live nativity scene last year that our Church does and something caught my eye. They had a llama (pretty sure) in the mix of barn animals. As the music played, it was sort of moving to the rhythm from side to side. At that moment, I thought to myself, "Wow! Maybe that's what the song was referring to." I don't know if this is something that normally occurs, but I'm also intrigued by the thought. Merry Christmas.