A stream of consiousness from a random guy who cares nothing about spelling or grammar news, but love GOD family friends & football (mostly Clemson football)

Thursday, August 30, 2007

The Birthday Band-wagon...

So two years ago the little Banana was born. We knew it was coming, well, because we scheduled it. We had moved to Charleston, and the DOC's were nice enough to allow Annie to be induced (not have a c-section. Inside joke.) So now she is here, and I can't think of life with out her. She is so funny. Her laugh is contagious. She loves her mommie. She loves to throw the ball with Gracie. The little girl she has become shows a very real glimpse of the woman she will be.
Annie doesn't get it, but it took me about 5 months to fully "connect" with her. I can remember the day she grabbed my heart. We were visiting a Church in Mt P, and true to form our shy girl didn't want to stay in the nursery, so I went and got her. She was laying on my lap, looking up at me when she smiled. As if to say: "Hey! I know you!" Before this, she could take or leave me it seemed. I think she realized that mommy and I were a package deal, so she had to get used to me. But not this day. This day she was letting me know that I was "cool", and I could be in her posse.
Now, she isn't excited when I get home. She is extatic! Annie stopped being extatic when I got home years ago. Now she says: "I lu do" (I love you), and melts my heart. Even when she says it a hundred times in a row.
Happy Birthday Hannah Banana! The 21 minus 19. It's a big one!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 21 minus 19 Hannah Banana! We love you and miss you terribly! Talk to you soon!

Auntie Chris, Uncle Cory, Sam and Hailey (and Baby Reese)

Anonymous said...

Brian, You are the best father ever! I love when I am talking to Annie on the phone and you and Hannah are laughing and giggling. You are right her giggle is contagious! Thanks for being Annie's husband and Hannah's father. You are super! Love Ya! Sheree (mother-in-law!)