A stream of consiousness from a random guy who cares nothing about spelling or grammar news, but love GOD family friends & football (mostly Clemson football)

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Where the Blue Ridge Yawns it's Greatness....

Well, I am back from my whirl-wind trip to God's Country aka Clemson, SC. The title is apart of a verse of the Alma Mater. As of right now I have been awake for about 36 hrs straight. (I must admit I have fallen asleep for about 3 10 min spurts throughout the day, but mostly it's been the pain staking realization that I am still awake.) No worries though. I will probably go to sleep right after this, and get a good 12 hrs in tonight. I only sleep about 4-6 hrs a night any way (thank you US Army) so I am thinking this will get me back on track.
I am a moron and did not take a camera, though I did take a picture of a rather large woman in a white halter top and matching white pants, purely for teh comedic value. (Does the whole bye-bye white shoes apply ON Labor day, or just AFTER? Here at Inner Thoughts we will defer to our Southern Etiquite Expert to asnwer this one.) Since I didn't take a camera, let me paint you a visual picture (actually I will defer to the real writer of the family for this one as I am too tired to think right now.)
I have been asked the same two questions today:
1.) Was it fun? Absolutley. Clemson is an awesome place. Not just during football season, but all the time. Though I did almost needed a defibralator a couple times. Usually I am really loud and into the games, but for the really big ones, I can't yell because I am short of breath, and my heart is about to beat out of my chest. (It was the same @ FL ST last year.
2.) Was it worth it? (OR Would I do it again?) Yes it was worth it. Had they lost the answer would probably be different. As of right now, I would not do it again. I am in a world of hurt. Maybe in a couple years, when I have forgotten how miserable today was, despite the win, I may be willing to do it again. Fortunatley, my loving wife has said she would remind me, in order to save me from any hard-ship I may cause my self.

So, thanks for your prayers, I made it home with little incident or fan fare, though I sat in traffic for about an hour. The tigers won, despite the fact that they almost gave it away.
This weekend will be less stressful, and more enjoyable. Thank GOD! I can't take another one like this!

No comments: