A stream of consiousness from a random guy who cares nothing about spelling or grammar news, but love GOD family friends & football (mostly Clemson football)

Sunday, August 26, 2007

This just in, more grammar news!

On the way back from Greenville yesterday, I just busted out laughing. When probed as to why, I simply stated that my blog tag line says that I don't care about grammar news. First of all let me say, that I DON'T care about grammar news (This just in the semi-colons are on strike! I repeat the semi-colons are on strike. Film at 11), but that's not what I meant when I put that in the tag-line. To take you back several months ago, I started this blog when I guest posted on Annie's blog, and she did the unthinkable. She edited my post. She said she didn't want to offend any one. So, I decided I would create my own blog (I want my own apartment mom-19 monopoly dollars to the first one to place that quote). This blog would be raw. It would be straight from me, as said by me. There would be no editing, there would be very little spell-check. And the grammar will probably suck as it has been about 10 years (actually 10 this year who-hoo class of 97!) since I sat in Ms Story's English class, trying to convince her that I wasn't talking louder than everyone else, but it's just that my voice carries. So, what I put in my tag-line should read grammar RULES, not grammar NEWS, but, if I changed it, it would go against everything this blog stands for.
Here at Inner thoughts we strive to fight against those that try to censor us. We fight the "man" (or woman in this case) trying to keep us down.
Thanks for reading this blog. I hope you all have a wonderful week. You will be hearing more from me soon. BYE BYE

5 comments:

Annie said...

Listen here, Comma Splice King-- I'm not trying to keep you down. I just don't want people to wonder how in the world you got that Clemson degree. :)
LYF

Anonymous said...

I don't know if this is the right reference because I suck at this game. The monopoly comment makes me think of the episode of The Cosby Show when Theo isn't doing well in school and his dad uses monopoly money to show him how "regular" people live and when Theo says he will have a girl friend then the rest of the money goes away. One of my favorite episodes.

Brian said...

Good reference, but no, that's not what I was going for. The monopoly money has nothing to do with the quote. It's just me being random.
Keep guessing.

Anonymous said...

One of the reasons I love you, my brother, is that you make me laugh!! That was hilarious. I can always count on you to make me smile with your blogs!! I miss you Bubba!!

Squirt

Anonymous said...

Hey - any idea how I can get a copy of the ABC's of Clemson?

meredith@primetimefit.net