A stream of consiousness from a random guy who cares nothing about spelling or grammar news, but love GOD family friends & football (mostly Clemson football)

Monday, December 3, 2007

Dress for the job you want...

Today, while I was coming back from visiting customers in Summerville with my boss, he got on his soap box. Whenever he does this, he usually has many nuggets that he throws at you. One of them was "You should dress for the job you want..." (REAL QUICK disclaimer, he wasn't fussing at me for dressing unprofessionally, and my job is not endanger -- Annie wanted me to clarify.) Now bear in mind I work for a uniform company, and I wear a uniform about 80% of the time. Maybe I should start wearing a space suite to work, since I want to be an astronought.
Tonight, my man Ted talked about worship and what that means. This maybe a leap, but I think the two topics are related. Bear with me... A lot of times we think about worship in an almost formulaic way (is that even a word?). Because they sang this song, and I raised my hand and got a chill, I must have worshiped. You could have the flu and get a chill. You can't use that as a measure of success when it comes to worship. Mostly worship is about us, when it shouldn't be about us at all. It's about how we can praise a GOD that is worthy of praise.
I think the problem is when that becomes the focus becomes about the music, or how it makes me feel, the focus is taken off of GOD, which is the heart of Worship.
Maybe I will wear a fireman suit to work. I always wanted to be a fireman.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Do you think your boss is the only one who gets on a soap box from time to time? You and Jonathan should both buy stock in Ivory.